Erectile dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction is abnormalities that prevent you from achieving or maintaining an erection necessary for full sexual intercourse. The disease is fixed if the disorder is observed for at least three months. The old name for erectile dysfunction (impotence) – was replaced due to the fact that it implied an overly categorical perception of the problem. You can treat erectile dysfunction in Britain with medicines on our site.
The development of erectile dysfunction happens at any age, but in older people the risk of its occurrence is much greater. The main causes of the disease are:
- psychological disorders;
- endocrine disruption;
- anatomical or organic changes to the penis;
- disorders of the vascular system;
- neurological disorders.
Also, adverse factors include low physical activity, fullness, smoking and alcohol abuse, improper medication. In most cases, erectile dysfunction occurs as a result of several reasons. Treatment of impotence is, first of all, the correct diagnosis of the causes of its occurrence. There are two major types of causes of impotence:
- organic – in this case, erectile dysfunction due to physiological abnormalities in the body, that is, nerve endings, blood vessels, hormonal system, which are responsible for the formation and maintenance of erection, do not fully perform their functions;
- psychogenic (functional) – due to previous unsuccessful sexual intercourse, inadequate behavior of a woman during sexual intercourse, or the desire of a man to control his erection; such reasons lead to unstable erection against the background of the saved spontaneous, night erection. When foreplay takes place, an erection is sufficient for sexual intercourse, but when you try to perform it, excitement disappears. Such violations in the medical environment are often called the syndrome of anxious expectation of sexual failure. Ultimately, a violation of potency provokes depression, neurosis, and sexual failure.
The main symptoms:
- difficulties associated with achieving or maintaining an erection, manifested at least every fourth attempt at sexual intercourse or for a month or longer;
- erection weakens or becomes less confident;
- erection is achieved longer than usual;
- to support an erection, you must make a conscious effort;
- ejaculation occurs with incomplete erection or faster than usual.
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction begins with a preliminary examination of the patient’s genitals for anatomical changes. In some cases, a rectal examination of the prostate is performed. Blood tests (biochemical analysis, hormonal status) and the nervous system are prescribed. The presence of chronic diseases is clarified, as well as the nature of the medications constantly taken by the patient. Next comes the turn of functional research. These are the USDG of the vessels of the penis, intra cavernous injections of vasoactive drugs, tracking of night erections, Viagra – test, etc.
We will help you with special treatment! On our site there are a lot of different medicines that cure erectile dysfunction. Depending on the need, additional procedures are assigned. These are neurophysiological studies. Many diseases affect the state of the prostate gland. These are primarily inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in men. These include various prostatitis, inflammation of the seminal vesicles, epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis). The next factor is hormonal. Starting at about 45 years old, the amount of testosterone sex hormone in a man can drop below the maximum permissible level, I mean – for this category of patients. And this is one of the causes of impaired desire, because it is hormonally dependent. Hormonal factors also include diseases of the thyroid gland, causing violations of the T3 level – one of the thyroid hormones.